Google is the Web’s #1 search engine, hands down. But not everyone is in love with it. Fortunately, there are plenty of decent alternatives for those who wish to diversify their search results. Here is a list of the top alternatives to the Google search engine.
- duckduckgo.com — Private search engine (based in the US)
- startpage.com — Google results without tracking (Netherlands)
- givero.com — Combines search with donations (Denmark)
- swisscows.com — Zero-tracking private search engine (Switzerland)
- yacy.net — Decentralized, open-source, peer-to-peer search engine
- gibiru.com — Unfiltered private search engine
- qwant.com — Private search engine (France)
- etager.org — Open-source meta-search engine (Germany)
- searx.me — Open-source & privacy-friendly search (Germany)
- ecosia.org — Donates part of its revenue to planting trees (Germany)
- mojeek.com — A true search engine with its own crawler & index (UK)
- Yandex — True search engine with its own crawler (Russia)
Note: This list was originally found on Facebook, but I am unable to locate the source. If you know, please drop me a line so I can provide proper credit. Thank you and Happy Searching :)
Update! Here is a cool site with lots more Google alternatives.
Update! Found another great resource for alternative search information: Alternative Search Engines That Respect Your Privacy.