Free Up Server Disk Space
Recently I spent some time clearing up more free space on my server. Here are some notes on things to check when doing so.
Things to check to free up disk space
- Remove any large unused files (video, backups, etc.)
- Delete/clear any cached data or files
- Check email quotas and delete any excess data
- Check the size of error and access logs
- Limit the size of log files going forward
- Check for any unused scripts and/or files
- Check size of any statistics scripts/files
- Also can check and optimize database tables
Of course you want to check as much as possible. The main thing I am emphasizing here is not to forget about peripheral functionality such as email, server logs, and statistical data. Such items quickly can chew up a lot of disk space.